The NBA has opened an early period for All-Star voting, allowing fans to cast their votes for the 67th All-Star Game which will be played at Staples Center on Sunday, Feb. 18.
Fans can vote on NBA.com and through the NBA’s official mobile application starting today while the other voting avenues will open on Christmas Day.
For the second consecutive year, media members, NBA players and fan voting will determine the All-Star game starters. Fans will account for 50 percent of the vote, while players and select media will account for 25 percent each.
Fan voting updates will be shared on Jan. 4 and Jan. 11 with voting will concluding on Jan. 15. Starters for the game will be announced on Jan. 18 with full rosters finalized on Jan. 25.
There is a new format for choosing All-Star teams this season. The player from each conference who receives the most fan votes will be appointed captain and will then draft teams from the player pool of starters and reserves, forming mixed conference teams.
There are numerous ways fans can cast their votes. The league detailed those options in a release issued on Wednesday:
How to vote:
- NBA.com voting page at NBA.com/vote: Fill out one full ballot per day (per day is defined as once every 24 hours) on NBA.com/vote from a desktop or mobile browser. Fans can select up to two guards and three frontcourt players from each conference when choosing starters. During the five “2-for-1 Days,” votes through this channel will be counted twice.
- NBA App: Access the ballot and vote through the app, which is available on Android and iOS. Fans can fill out one full ballot per day, and select up to two guards and three frontcourt players from each conference when choosing starters. During the five “2-for-1 Days,” votes through this channel will be counted twice.
- Facebook: Post the player’s first and last name along with the hashtag #NBAVOTE on your personal Facebook account. Each post may include only one player’s name. Fans may post votes for 10 unique players per day from Dec. 25 – Jan. 15.
- Twitter: Tweet, retweet or reply with an NBA player’s first and last name or Twitter handle, along with the hashtag #NBAVOTE. Each tweet may include only one player’s name or handle. Fans may vote for 10 unique players per day from Dec. 25 – Jan. 15.
- Google Search: Search “NBA Vote All-Star” or “NBA Vote Team Name” (i.e., NBA Vote Warriors) and use respective voting cards to select teams and then players. Fans may submit votes for 10 unique players per day from Dec. 25 – Jan. 15.
- Amazon Alexa: To vote via Amazon Alexa, the user must have an Alexa-enabled device, and enable the “NBA All-Star” skill. To submit a vote, the user can open the skill with, “Alexa, open NBA All-Star,” and then request to vote for his or her player of choice. Voters can submit a maximum of one player name per request to Alexa. Users can submit votes for 10 unique players per Amazon account each day from Dec. 25 – Jan. 15.
- Sina Weibo and Tencent: To vote on Sina Weibo (weibo.com), the user must have a Sina Weibo account. To vote via Sina Weibo, voters must visit China.NBA.com/vote, and select up to 10 players. To vote on Tencent NBA community, the user must have a QQ account. To vote via Tencent NBA community, voters must visit China.NBA.com/vote, and select up to 10 players.